May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, January 2, 2009

Rewind Part 1

Since I started this blog a little late into my pregnancy, I thought I would take the time to do a few rewinds so that I can remember some days in the beginning. So, really, don't feel like you have to read these, but I want to try and capture it before it fades from my already REALLY forgetful mind.

September 11, 2008

My cycles had been really long this time around off the pill and by the time September 11 came around it was already day 34 of my cycle. Aunt Flo had not made her appearance yet in the morning, but I honestly did not think that that was the month it happened because on day 28 (the Friday before) I took a pregnancy test (yes...like 5-6 days sooner..we were eager to know!) and had gotten a Big Fat Negative on a pretty expensive test. So I thought our chances were pretty slim by the time day 34 came around...I just thought, I'll run to the dollar store and get a few and just try them. So, I packed Luke up, ran by a friends house to drop something off, and then off to the dollar store. Grabbed 2 of them and went straight home. By this time it was around 11 am. I got home, and was going to wait until Brandon got home to take it....but decided..."hey, I already got one negative, what's the harm of taking another one, getting a negative, just to be sure" So, I took it. Layed it on the sink and walked away. Played with Luke for a few minutes, almost forgot about taking it....walked in there. and......

2. lines.

WHAT?!?

double check it.

yep.

2 lines.

wait....is this thing sure?? read the directions...did I take it right? shake it a little.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm pregnant.

and then I seriously gasped a happy gasp. Luke looked at me like I was silly. I then tried to calm my nerves to make a call in to my husband. I wanted him to know right then. Because I immediately felt bad that he wasn't there when I took it! I so thought it was going to be a negative that I wasn't prepared for the great result!

I called Brandon and said, "HONEY...do you think you could come home for a little bit. PUH LEASE...I really need you to come home." He immediately asked if something was wrong with Luke. I said, "Oh no...he is GREAT. But I need you home. Right. Now." He then said to me after a long dramatic pause, "Sarah, are you pregnant?????" to which I tried to hide because who wants to tell their hubby over the phone they are pregnant?!? He saw right through it and through my meek and little "um yeah" he started laughing and yelling...and was so excited. That made me feel better, but he still didn't come home! Oh well, it was still fun to tell him. Even if it was over the phone.

My sister then called me and asked me to go out to lunch and Brandon had told me to wait to tell our family because we would do it in person to which I agreed. But do you know how hard it is to have taken a test 30 minutes before my sister showed up and then sit across from her at Culver's and NOT say a stinkin word to her about how our lives had just changed 30 minutes prior to that?!?!!? SOOOOOO hard.

After I made it through lunch with mums the word. We went back home, Luke went down for his nap and we waited till Daddy got home. When he got home (late I might add! geesh!) we met him in the drive way and we just smiled at each other. Like we still couldn't believe it happened. I then said, "um, I can't wait to tell my parents any longer. I will be around them all day tomorrow and then we will see your parents too....I can't keep this a secret...lunch was awful!" So we packed up Luke and headed straight to our parents house.

No comments: