May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Saturday, January 17, 2009

went back in the same week!

After I had my appointment that week, I began to feel this little man's movements slow down a bit on Thursday. I tried not to think much of it especially since I was almost only 22 weeks. But, as the day wore on, and I didn't feel him like I normally did, I got a tad bit worried. I waited until Friday morning when I had to call for some results from some tests anyway and asked them about the movements. They told me if I wanted to I could go right on in and they would listen for the heartbeat. So, in I went! Better to be reassured right? Especially since the weekend was coming up, I didn't want to have to wonder all weekend long.

It's not that I didn't feel him at all. I just didn't feel him like normal. He is a crazy guy in there...and his movements have definetly gotten strong and more consistent, especially since when I first really felt him at 16 weeks. So, I just wondered why he had slowed down so much.

When I went in, he checked my stomach, and said everything felt really good. And then as soon as he put the dopper on my tummy, there it was! His little heartbeat. So then I felt stupid. BUT at least I could ease my mind about his movements. Apparently, the doctor said at least, I am feeling him like a "normal" 21 week person would feel him. And that is rare for me to have felt him consistently for so long. But I think the doctor was just trying to come up with some reason why he slowed down so much for that 24 hour period. So who really knows. All I know is his little heartbeat sounded great! and reassuring!!!

And of course he has more than made up for those 24 hours I didn't feel him that much. Now, he is back to his normal routine of rolling and wiggling in the belly. I love it though. It reminds me he is okay and I love feeling him.

oh, and Luke was very well behaved at the doctors office. He sat there in the chair and listened to the heartbeat and was so good. I was so proud. At least now I know I can take him to the routine appointments by myself without having to worry about how he will do. So that's nice!

No comments: