May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

why oh why

Why is it so hard to name this baby??? We have exactly 7 weeks from today until this peanut will be here.....and we can't just settle on a name. We have one. And it's more than likely the one we will probably use, but it's just still so hard to call him that. But we also have a couple more we like, but can't settle on middle names for them. I don't know why I am stressing out about this. I know he will have a name. He has to. We can't just call him baby forever. Well, I guess we could if he would have been a girl, there was that girl in Dirty Dancing that everyone called Baby, right??

I don't know. It's like I don't feel as connected to this peanut as much as I did with Luke. Not because I don't love him or anything. I just don't know...it's weird. I guess Luke just takes up too much of my time, thoughts, and energy, that this poor little man only gets the leftovers. And at this point, there really is much leftover.

I am so ready for him to be here. 7 weeks seems like a really long time. But I know it's really not. Because he could even be here before then....which sounds crazy. Which is probably why I am stressing so much about his name.

I'm sorry peanut. We love you. I promise you will have a name. And it will suit you. It just may not happen until the day we meet you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zy didn't have a name until he came out. We could never agree until that day. You will know when you see him!!

MommyWise said...

I didn't feel nearly as connected to Ainsley as I did with Aidan. It took me awhile even after she was born.. of course I loved her but it was different.