May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Friday, February 13, 2009

third trimester!

I have officially made it. The last trimester. Man that is a good feeling. :) I am already getting tired much easier than before...and have noticed that the belly seems to get in the way quite often. Poor Luke has had to figure out a new way to sit on my lap when reading our books now. I have been having several braxton hicks contractions lately, and some of them last night were a little bit painful. Like I could feel them in my back....it was either that, or my back just hurt. It's hard to tell.

I took my Glucose Test on Wednesday and failed with flying colors once again. My score was 145 and it needs to be below 140. So, on Monday morning I am going back to take the 3 hour glucose test. Hopefully I will pass that one, and won't have gestational diabetes this time around. When I was pregnant with Luke, I failed the one hour test (with a score of 149) and barely squeaked by my 3 hour test (one of my numbers was pretty high, and for you to be considered having GD, you have to fail 2 or more of the blood draws). I am just trying to stay optimistic about it. If I have it....I have it. And I would rather know so that this little peanut is healthy when he makes his entrance into this world.

I am also a tad bit anemic this time around too. My score was 11.2 (needs to be above 12.5) and that was pretty much the same with Luke too (11.4). So that didn't suprise me at all. We will see if Dr. G wants me to take an iron supplement when I see her next Wednesday. She didn't have me take one with Luke, so we will see what she says this time around.

On this day 3 years ago, we found out we were going to be parents. Why does 3 years sound like such a short time, but feel like an eternity??? heehee. I don't know, must be chasing after our 2 year old...who is technically almost 2.5! When did THAT happen?

So, we are still trucking along with this little peanut. I start seeing the doctor ever 2 weeks now, so that should make the time go by a little faster, and March is going to be a busy month with 2 showers I am helping with, my birthday, my sister's birthday, and maybe a little get away with just Brandon and Luke. I'm excited!

No comments: