May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Loving this stage

This is one of the best stages of pregnancy. The 2nd trimester, where you get your energy back, you're not puking your guts out or so tired you can't do anything, or feeling so big and enormous that you just want it to be over. I love this stage. If all of my pregnancies could feel like it does right this moment...maybe I really would have those 6 kids I always wanted to have when I was in high school. But, knowing how the beginning can be for me, this is probably going to be our last. Right now I can't imagine feeling like I did, puking, tired, dehydrated, and take care of 2 kids on top of that. It was hard with just Luke... I know I say that now (as my mom and mother in law remind me) but I really think I am serious. I guess we will see what the next few years hold. Will we try again for a little girl?? I don't know.

I am feeling this little man move a lot now. I started feeling him consistantly (although small small kicks) around 16 weeks. But now..I definetly feel him move everyday and he is getting pretty strong! I usually feel him in the lower part of my belly, but have felt him pretty close to my belly button lately too. I guess that means he is just growing and moving up into my belly more. :) Brandon has tried to feel him a few times, but he's not strong enough yet for daddy to feel him. I'm thinking it will be soon though. He felt Luke at 20-21 weeks, so hopefully this little man will give Daddy an early Christmas present by making his presence known.

I have a picture of his ultrasound in a picture frame next to my bed and it's next to a picture of Luke too. Luke saw it the other morning and said, "MY baby. Mommy (pointed to my belly) Not in Dada." and then kissed my belly. What a sweet little man. I think he is definetly getting it now that he saw the ultrasound done that there really is something growing inside of me. I'm getting anxious for May to be here so that he can have a brother because I know Luke will be a wonderful big brother.

No comments: