May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's a brother!!


It's a BOY!

We are so excited. Yesterday seemed like such a whirlwind day. We had to be up at the hospital by 8am and trying to get a 2 year old out the door by 7am is harder than you think. Especially when he is used to sleeping in till about 8:30-9:00am. But we made it out the door and on our way...on time!!

We arrived at the hospital and met my mom, sister, and mother in law there. I am so glad we asked them to come. It just made that day so much more exciting to share with people we love and who already love this little peanut growing inside of me. Luke of course tried to steal the show and made us laugh a lot while we waited to go in. My mom brought her camera and took some neat pictures of the morning as it happened and as soon as I get copies of them, I'll post them. I was going to bring mine, but I didn't want Brandon to think I was a little "too" excited and a big dork. But I am so glad my mom did!!

We went in and got ready for the ultrasound and Luke let my mom hold him as he watched the baby on "tv". The technician said, "I am assuming you want to know the sex since everyone is here!" we laughed and said, "um...YES!!" It took her a few minutes to find it and then there it was! BOY!! Everyone was so excited and Luke was smiling from ear to ear like he really knew what was going on.....he would point to the tv and then to my belly and then back to the tv and then back at me and say "baby" over and over. It really was the cutest thing. The technician gave us all a minute and left the room so we could all have a moment together...which was nice and I went to the bathroom. As I came out..Luke greeted me at the door with a hug and a big pat on the belly for "baby". It really was the sweetest thing!! I think he really gets it now. Even today he points to the ultrasound pictures and then to my belly and says "baby".

Everything else took a while because he was curled up and moving around a ton! It took a few tries to get some good measurements and pictures of his parts. But he is healthy! Praise God. We feel so blessed to have another healthy little man. He is definetly a mover and shaker!! Just like his big brother....oh boy....we might have our hands full! At least we will have GREAT dance parties. :)

Seeing him yesterday makes this pregnancy feel so much more real. I mean...I knew I was pregnant, I had the symptoms of course, was so sick in the beginning, and have even began to feel him move around a lot more this past week. (He is kicking me right now as I type this actually. :) I LOVE this part of pregnancy.) But to actually "meet" him and see his sweet little face and hands and feet...and everything.....words can't even describe how incredibly happy I feel right now. Another little boy....it just feels so right for us. I get to say "my boys" now! Luke will be a great big brother and this little man growing inside of me is so blessed to have Luke as his big brother. I seriously cannot wait for May to come so now we can actually hold this little guy in our arms.

No comments: