May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Eventful week

34 weeks 6 days till now has been very eventful. With 4 trips to Labor and Delivery and one regular OB appointment, this peanut has kept us on our toes. We know he is doing well, is healthy and strong (as he HATES to have the contraction moniter sitting on top of him...he has literally almost kicked it off every time) and definetly has his own timing for when he will make his debut into this world. :)

My 36 week appointment went well yesterday. She checked me again, (for the 5th! time this week) and has said their hasn't been any change in my cervix. I am still a loose 1cm, 75% effaced, and at 0 station. Which is good of course, because we didn't want this baby to come and have to be automatically admitted to the NICU because he was under 36 weeks. But at the same time, it's getting really difficult to be having contractions all day long, every day, and know they are just not sufficient enough to make anything happen. *sigh*

I just feel ready physically and emotionally. I want to be able to get up in the middle of the night and hold this sweet stubborn boy instead of make my drowsy, dizzy way to the bathroom 3+ times. I want to see Luke hold his baby brother instead of kissing my belly and hugging my belly button. I want to see Brandon hold both his boys and love on them. I am soooo ready to be a mommy to two.

Like my doctor said yesterday, good news is, is that this pregnancy MUST end. It's just whether it's going to be this week, next week, or that final 3rd week on my scheduled day. She said she doesn't think I will make it to May 12, but the other doctor in her practice didn't think I would make it to my appointment yesterday! It's just a waiting game now. :)

At the appointment yesterday, she was taking measurements of my belly and listening to the heartbeat when Luke shouted, "no no no no Guke's baby!!" and lifted up his shirt. So my doctor went over and pretended to measure his "baby" and put the doppler and gel on his "baby" to listen to it. He just thought that was the coolest thing. So that made him feel important. It was hilarious though.

so, this baby will be here, regardless, in 3 weeks. Which really....isn't that far away. We just hope these contractions that aren't making me make any progress actually stop...or slow down enough that I don't feel so tired!

No comments: