May 16, 2009

baby
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him

1 Samuel 1:27

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

34 week appt

I had my 34 week appointment today...and everything is looking great. I had been having some pretty intense contractions this week. Sunday evening I had them about every 7-9 minutes for about an hour and half, but they ended up slowing down, so I didn't put a call into my doctor. But today when I told her about them, she wanted to do our first internal exam as well as a Fetal Fibronectin Test.

I am not dialated and the cervix looks good. So that is great news. And the results of the FFN test came back negative. So that means more than likely this little peanut will not be here within the next 2 weeks. (she said that test is about 98% accurate). Which is good because in 2 weeks, I won't quite be 36 weeks yet, so it makes me feel better to know he won't be here before then, and more than likely won't have a NICU stay. I have been so worried this time around, especially with Luke coming at 36 weeks and having as many contractions as early as I have, that he would be here, like, NOW. But God is good and I know he is ultimately in control of this situation. Just as He had His hand in Luke's birth.

So we are still playing the waiting game. And we are getting very eager to hold this new little man in our arms very soon.

No comments: